Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reflecting on Growth

Left and right, companies are closing their doors and one of those is Circuit City, the employer of my husband, for the last 1.5 years.  Next week marks the end of his job.  Surprisingly, I am overwhelmed with such peace that I sometimes, think something is wrong with me.  I know that's not true.

I am not sure that I have ever been so peaceful about such a huge situation.  I mean, the situation seems huge to our lives, our income-- that is important; but it seems so small in comparison, to what God can do.  At the start of this year, one of the areas that we wanted to see growth in our lives was in the area of confidence in God's plan.  That's a dangerous thing to ask for, dangerous like asking for patience. He didn't waste anytime in helping us hold on to that confidence, no time at all.

When I stop to remember how God alone has sustained us and done it in His timing and His own special way, I am confident that this one job was there for us for a season and now God is calling us towards something new, something that reflects that which is greater than us.  We are not sure what that is, but we know it is going to be good.

Having few answers is not always fun, but having confidence is great.  I am certain that had this been a year ago... I would not be so calm.  I thank God for the struggles that have brought me here, to a deeper peace, knowing that His plan is better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.