Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Art of Emotion

The Art of Emotion, 2002.

As radiant colors pour into my eyes
Emotions too strong for words or control 
Drown me.
Ideas flow as a rushing mountain stream.

A kaleidoscope of hues at sunset
Faint lights from a distant town
A serene willow in a country meadow
Metropoliton motion on a city street

At this instant of inspiration,
I feel alive,
And I feel brave.
The tones.  The motion.  The mood.  The rapture.

A casual corner cafe in the summer's breeze
Autumn tones smeared along the roadside
Thunderous waves on a New England shore
Soft snowflakes falling a winter fire

I gather my tools
As I gather my soul.
The culmination of thought, emotion, and passion
Collide.
As I begin my painting,
I am alive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.