Monday, May 30, 2011

Prep School Rocker

If you think that I am in creative heaven with all this designing and sewing, you would be correct.  I go to bed sketching ideas.  I analyze the details and construction of every interesting article of clothing I see.  I pour over sewing blogs.  I slowly walk through the rows of fabric, feeling the threads and textures between my fingers.  Any chance I get, I’m sitting in front of my machine.  And I’ve never ever used an iron more in my life. (which wasn’t really that hard to do, since I never iron anything.)
I feel like I’m on the verge of something and I like this place.
This weekend, when my lover was working, the espresso was strong,  the rain was falling, the babies napping, and Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn  graced the screen with the magic that is Sabrina, I finished these hoodies for those cute little H’s of mine. IMG_8837
IMG_8836
This was my first attempt using this pattern from Heidi & Finn.  I used an old, cheap cardigan that had seen better days, which is why it looks so forlorn. I mean, it’s cute, but definitely a trial piece.  Lots of room for improvement.
Next, I used one of Matt’s old sweatshirts that he never wears for this jacket for our favorite son.  I’m always asking, “Hey, are you ever going to wear this again?” He rolls his eyes and says, “No.  I don’t need any clothes.”  Cute husband.
IMG_8802IMG_8803IMG_8804
If you must know, this is probably one of my favorite things that I have ever made, ever.  I have a thing for jackets which I wish to instill in my children. 

To me it feels like a classic little blazer turned rock n’ roll and what more could you want?

3 comments:

  1. They are both so so so sosososososooo cute! I'm going to have to get that pattern in the fall, I've been seeing cute examples of it everywhere lately. Looks like Hudson loves his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv, those hoodies are adorable! And Hudson is SO CUTE in those pictures! I can't believe how big he's getting! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the rock n roll jacket. ADORE it!

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.