Monday, July 23, 2012

on beauty in the heavy right now

In my last post, I wrote about the season of heavy right now. What follows is not a story about how all of a sudden, the heavy blew away with a change in the air, leaving behind sparkling, magical days.  Instead, something else did and as it usually turns out, it was better because it did not happen my way, in my own understanding.

All the believers were together and had everything in common.  They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.  They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.

(Acts 2:44-46)

This weekend, this scripture came alive to me, as I had never seen it before.  We found ourselves on both the giving and receiving ends and it’s something amazing, so much bigger than us.  A story about a God who knows the details of our lives and how community is not restricted to proximity.  It reminds me in this season of sustaining rather than abundance that blessing and beauty can be found in the middle of the heavy, right here and now.

And I’m so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! And I love all the little, and sometimes subtle, changes on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that you allow strangers like me to read your blog. Your words are SUCH an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.