Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More quality, less Whatever...

Hello again,

I took a little break from the Internet world, because this week in the Artist's Way was the reading deprivation exercise.  Avoid all reading except that which is absolutely necessary.   The theory is that as creative individuals, if we are are not feeling creative ourselves, we'll soak in the words/creativity of others, which can then stop us from creating ourselves.  So... by not filling the time with reading, you begin to think of all the other things you can do with your time and suddenly, you start DOING things, not just reading about doing them.  It worked, it really did. Here is a little of what I did instead...

1. Baked oatmeal scones.
2. Made a delicious quiche.
3. Organized the baby's room.
4. Caught up with entries in my Dear Hudson Baby journal.
5.   I made this.  My husband thinks it's silly, but he's a boy...
6. Bought some fantastic fabric.
7.  Made an apron, from this adorable pink and white checkered fabric, with little Eiffel Towers.




8.  Re-established my work room, after a week long battle with a leak and the maintenance department.
9.  Finished sewing some more giraffe toys, which will be making their debut soon.
10.  Started painting with oils again.

I have noticed that I get disappointed with myself when I spend so much time online.  I continuously think of all the things that I could have done.  After taking a break from the Internet I have realized that I don't enjoy it as much as I have before...  I suppose I am more aware of the things that benefit my life and the things that fill up my life.  I'd much rather actively benefit my life than just pass the time.  That is why we are turning the television off for the summer, once the season finales wrap up in the next few weeks, Au revoir TV.  I am looking forward to all the fun things we are going to do instead.

I am feeling great about the changes in my life and I am delighted to feel the ideas flowing, once again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are on a roll... And it sounds so exciting! What a productive (and creative) spell you just had.

    I'm stuck on Chapter three... I'm not sure why I'm on hold, but I can't make myself move forward. Somthings at work, but I'm just not sure what. We'll see...

    We turned out tv off... More for financial reasons, but I really don't miss it. We do still catch Survivor online, but all the others we were in the midst of just kind of slipped away. I don't really know how I had time to watch it now that I filled the gaps. Refreshing really.

    Thanks for the update. You are inspiring me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.