Saturday, August 1, 2009

this week...


{Sister, Mom, and Me}

I had a lovely week, my mom and sister were in town. I think they were mostly here to spend time with the Hudson baby. Until early next year, he's the only grandchild on my side and he's kind of a big deal... My mom doesn't live close to us, so she took advantage of every moment to love him. There was no complaining when she willingly changed diapers, bathed him, feed him, played, and rocked him to sleep. {I miss my helpers.} He adored them both and showered them with many, many wet, slimy kisses and lots of hugs. Christmas was the last time they saw him, so he was pretty much a whole new baby, being nine months old and all.
We made lots of delicious foods, like this and this... and this {which is the husband's favorite.}
We played monopoly, scrabble, apples to apples, and skipbo. We heart the board games.

{Hudson with Gigi and Aunt Laura}

We spent a day in Franklin, TN, which is just a marvelous place. Sadly, two of my favorite shops have been closed since my last visit, stupid economy. However, I did get to try something that I have been wanting to try for a while, an Apple & Bacon Paninni with cheddar cheese on sourdough... it was divine. Who knew the combination of apple and bacon could be so great... well bacon with anything is amazing, right?

My mom treated us to a tour of the Historic Carnton Plantation, that was pretty cool. One of the battles fought in Franklin was apparently one of the bloodiest of the entire war. I'd like to go on record for saying, if they wanted to give me that house, I'd gladly live in it, it's gorgeous.
{we kind of belong here, no?}

All in all, fun was had by all, although, I'm sure the husband was overwhelmed with all the sister bonding. It was wonderful to see my little sister. She leaves soon to spend her senior year of high school in France, let's talk about how jealous I am. I'm so excited for her, it's going to be amazing and I will have to live vicariously through her until it's finally mine turn to travel.

I'll leave you with one more picture, during a leisurely stroll, we handed the Hudson baby a flower and he knew just what to do with it...
{yum.}

I've very excited to return to my neglected art projects, I feel like it's been too long.

1 comment:

  1. You know we love you and that we came to spend time with you, silly sister! :)

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.