Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a girl and her skirt

Fact: If I used credit cards {I don't} and if I had no self-control {I do}, I would spend a fortune, mine or someone else's at Anthropologie, but seriously, what girl wouldn't? During a fun little post I wrote previously, I mentioned wanted this dress. Well, the sad truth, I'm not getting that dress. I'm not getting any dresses for a while, so I decided it was time to make another skirt. I am quite proud of the first skirt I made for the Coldplay concert, oh Coldplay. Feeling courageous, I set out to make another one. I have to admit, I adore it. I've already worn it more times than I can count and each time, with a different shirt, talk about versatile.
{This is the dress from Anthropologie.}
{This is my version.}


It's not the exact brilliant orange color or shape of the dress, but it's a fun red, almost coral-ish, with the slightest white stripes, you could only see up close. It's perfect for a warm summer day, with a solid colored tank wandering through pretty little shops or dress it up for a night out. I used gold and black vintage buttons on the back, and I added an over sized sash to tie in the back.
Did I mention that I bought the fabric for about 50 cents at a thrift store? According to my budget, that's more in my price range.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.