Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby Growing Diaries #11

At 37 weeks, I’m running out of room in my own body.  I’m quite certain that this baby has run out of room as well.  I mean, there’s only so much space.  This could be a problem.   Also, I’m not on speaking terms with my bladder, because it’s just being oh, so ridiculous.  What’s the deal, bladder, do you think you run this joint?  Get over yourself. Oh, and I used to have ankles.  Thankfully, all of my toes are still on my feet and were not mistaken for Smokey link sausages at Christmas.  It’s good to have toes, as puffy as they may be. This also means that I don’t have any cannibals in my family and that is reassuring too.

Yesterday, my mom bought me a new shirt and cleaned my kitchen.  It was kind of like Christmas all over again.

And here’s the part where you get really jealous.  Tomorrow appears to be December 31 and I don’t know if you can handle the sheer greatness of my plans.  Are you ready?  I mean, really… are you ready?  Brace yourself.  We’re going to put the kiddo to bed at 7:30 and then spend the rest of the year, in cozy pajamas, watching a movie on the couch.  And by watching a movie, I mean, we’ll probably fall asleep by 9pm.  AMAZING, right?  I know, contain your jealousy.  The truth is this… there is nothing, nothing, not a single thing, that sounds better than sleep.  And secretly, while you pretend to be excited about wearing a cute dress to a party, drinking champagne (oh, what I’d do for a glass), and staying up super late… you wish you had a really good excuse to wear pajamas and go to sleep early too.

2011, here we come.

{Liv

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.