Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Crafternoon

On Sunday afternoon I did something that most would find crazy.  Even now, I can think of a few friends who upon reading this would be sent into a nervous panicky state.   I went to someone’s house (whom I had never met) to drink coffee and eat cookies, to make Christmas crafts with a bunch of other girls that I didn’t know.  I sure did.

Frankly, it was the best decision ever. 

I’ve been following Jessica’s blog for a while, learning about wonderful, hidden treasures in the twin cities (thank you) and finding inspiration in her creativity.  So, when she posted that she was throwing this event called, Christmas Crafternoon, I didn’t even hesitate to RSVP.  I didn’t really know what to expect, but I just knew it would be amazing.

It was the perfect afternoon.  Her house was simply charming and delightful, just like her and her little family.  The coffee and cookies were delicious.  I met some new friends, we talked about creativity, blogging, cooking, Etsy, Christmas, and more.  It was wonderful to be around people who have so many shared interests.   It’s not always easy to meet people  when moving to a new city, much less people who like the same to do the same things, so this was like a breath of fresh air… and not like the frigid air of winter that is maybe here to stay forever.  PS.  It’s freezing.

 IMG_5864

{yarn wreath with felt flowers)

Stations were set up around the house and each was stocked with supplies for different projects, such as:  cake/cookies stands, yarn wreaths, felt flowers, paper garlands, and gift tags.

IMG_5859

IMG_5861

{paper garland hanging from my inspiration board}

IMG_5872

IMG_5869

  {vintage cookie & cake stand}

  I’ve especially been wanting to make some of these and after finding out that it’s just about the easiest thing one could ever do, I can’t wait to make more.

 These cookies were made by Naphtali for the swap and there were absolutely my favorite.  I took some home and they have been the perfect companion to my coffee for the past few days.

You can see more of the pictures here, as you fall in love with Jessica’s cute house.  Also, if you need any more fun blogs to add to your list of reading, check out this one and this one and this one, too.

Definitely a wonderful way to spend a cold, winter afternoon.  Thanks so much to Jessica for putting it all together.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! And the things you made turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv, it was so, so much fun! And your wreath turned out beautifully. It makes me want to make a larger one just like yours for my front door. :)

    Last year, when Naphtali and I met we only knew each other through our blogs. I'm pretty sure my friends thought I was a total loony for driving all the way to Minneapolis to meet a friend I knew through the internet. And, I wondered if I was a little crazy too. But we had so much fun lunching and shopping, that I'll never think it crazy again! Now I regularly get packages at work from "my internet friends", or talk about "my blogging friends", and my fam and friends just laugh with me through my craziness. :)

    Your inspiration board is beautiful! Is it backed with paper or fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky lucky duck you!!! Jess and I have been blogging friends for several years now and she's the sweetest! I would have loved to have joined in the crafty-ness. Good for you for going! Everything looks really darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such a pleasure meeting you Liv! So glad that we can all be connected through our common passion. The blogging world is truly such a wonderful world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was wonderful to meet you too. you and jess are way ahead of me, i will probably blog about the party in February, that just seems to be how my blogging goes. :) glad you liked the cookies. i saved some for my son but he saw right through the cookie and honed in on the fact they were whole wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I was there! :) We must have been crafting in other rooms the whole time. Don't you just love Jess's house? It's exactly where I've always pictured her living.

    Stay warm this weekend! I'm sure you will with that little oven in your belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, thanks for saying the nicest things. I am seriously blushing over here. (Sigh.) That was the best ever weekend wasn't it? I only wish we could do it at least once a month! We will definitely get together again once the holiday hustle and bustle subsides! Keep growing that sweet baby girl and stay warm, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.