Friday, September 18, 2009

mug shots

 

I’m starting a new series of posts here on The Saturated Palette, I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.  If you didn’t know, I love, love, love coffee mugs.  I’m a collector.  I don’t really do many souvenirs, but I do buy a new mug when the situation calls for it.  There are two reasons that I think mugs make the best gifts and souvenirs. 

1. I use them daily.  In the course of 24 hours, the husband and I usually go through 3 mugs apiece, per day.  Truth.

2.  I’m picky and if I get a mug, I know I’m going to like it and will want to look at it.  It’s not going to be something that I’ll shove in a box somewhere never to be seen again.

The husband and I started a tradition of buy a set of new mugs from Starbucks (We love our Starbucks/We’d love our Caribou Coffee too, if we lived anywhere near one), every year on our anniversary.  This started on our honeymoon and we have continued for the past two years.  They don’t always match, but they usually go together and the subconsciously say something about that season of our lives. 

Well,  moving along.  I have this theory, that you can get a glimpse of one’s personality from their favorite coffee mugs.  Or rather:  What does your favorite coffee mug say about you?  Have you ever thought about it?  Being the analyzer that I am, I do this often.  So, I’ll be starting a regular series here soon and I’m inviting you to join me.   E-mail me a short paragraph or two or three about you and your mug and don’t forget to include a picture and I’ll feature it on the SP.  Hurry and join the fun…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.