Saturday, April 9, 2011

the moment

When it’s cool and grey.

When the babes are asleep in their beds

And it’s just me with the stillness. The calm.  I feel it inside.  I know it is time.  To waste this moment would be neglectful and foolish. 

I gather the supplies.  I arrange them in front of me.  I pause. 

And then, I play.

My love

The Inspiration: When I was pregnant with my little boy, I started singing the song, Godspeed, from the Dixie Chicks, to him.  The line goes, “My love will fly to you each night on angel’s wings.”  On Tuesday, when I opened my sketchbook, I drew this.  I’m crazy about balloons these days.  I mean, I don’t actually like balloons, but I love them in art and pictures. They are so sweet and cheery, such delightful little messengers.

It felt so good to paint again.  It feels even better to have such strong inspiration that demands to be expressed. 

Hello dear friend. It’s been too long.

 

Today’s music: The Middle East

3 comments:

  1. The more blog posts I read of yours, the more I discover the things we have in common. haha

    Joey (the hubs) plays that song on his guitar a LOT. Although, I only know it sung by Radney Foster (the songwriter) who wrote it for his son. But either way, it's a super sweet song and a perfect lullaby! :)

    Reg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could paint like you, Liv! So dreamy.

    I hear ya on the balloons. They're so fun in art and photos, but I usually cannot have them around for more than a day. One day brings me enough cheer, and then they just get underfoot. (Or overhead?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this, olivia! and i'm thrilled you've found Your Paint again.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.