Thursday, January 14, 2010

quiet world.

Yesterday, I shut off the entire media-related world.  No e-mail. No blogging.  No tv.  Not even facebook. Nothing. 
It was lovely. Simple. Easy. Peaceful.
Sometimes it feels like there are so many ideas and thoughts, messages and nonsense filling my head that my own thoughts get lost in the confusion.
Instead, I wrote, read, knitted, drank coffee, played games,  organized, de-cluttered, donated, and filled a few garbage bags. 
I love getting rid of things that I don’t love, want, or need.  It’s rather enjoyable for me.
How about you?  Have you shut off the constantly buzzing, busy world of media lately?  Do you love clearing out things that you don’t need or do you have this incessant need to keep everything?
---
When the rest of the world isn’t allowed to consume all the space inside your head, there’s plenty of room for your own thoughts…. and some of your best ideas are waiting to be heard.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I need to do this. So badly.

    Thank you for your always kind comments on my blog.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.