Monday, June 8, 2009

when a girl has nothing to wear... make something.

In anticipation for the previously mentioned, best concert in the world, I went shopping for something to wear.  Perhaps it was my limited budget, but I'd like to chalk it up to my complete lack of finding anything at all that struck my fancy.  Of course, nothing I already owned would do, so, I thought and thought and then decided, to make something.  Yes, make something.  I'm by no means a super seamstress, but I know my way around the sewing machine.  

I received this fabrc for my birthday, and loved it.  I thought it was perfect.  I didn't use a pattern, I'm not a pattern kind of person, I guess, I think it constricts me or something, you know, I don't like following rules and procedures, so I studies various photos and pieces of clothing - being the visual learner that I am and took my time, I mean, it had to look good, naturally.  I even installed pockets, because I heart pockets.

          


The whole ensemble.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.