Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adoring the art of: Subway Inspired

Notice:  This post is part “adoring the art of” and part “treasure hunt.”  I missed last Friday’s Treasure Hunt.  I apologize.  I was too busy being creative.
Do not be confused.  Let there be no confusion.  Only delight and admiration for the pretty pictures.
I love the simple brilliance of these subway style pieces that I’ve recently discovered.
image
A new etsy shop, Signs of Vintage creates these subway inspired signs, with whatever names you want on there.  How cool would it be to have a piece with all your favorite places?  I love this.
 image
These Cinncinati Trolley Prints from KruCards would make a unique and bold statement in a entryway… especially mine.
image The francophile in me, of course, needs this Paris City Sites Print  from the shop, Red Letter Words.

and just because:

Fran·co·phile

/ˈfræŋkəˌfaɪl/ Show Spelled[frang-kuh-fahyl] Show IPA
–adjective
1.
friendly to or having a strong liking for France or the French.
–noun
2.
a person who is friendly to or has a strong admiration of France or the French.
Use francophile in a Sentence
See images of francophile
Search francophile on the Web
Also, Fran·co·phil /ˈfræŋfɪl/ Show Spelled[frang-kuh-fil] Show IPA.

Origin:
1885–90; Franco- + -phile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.