Friday, May 7, 2010

Ten for Creativity Day.15 Ponder

 

image

4346197955_9b5099a980_large

{source}

I once read a book that talked about God being the most brilliant artist of all and that as humans we search for Him through our art… and as we search for him, he reaches out to us. 

You may disagree, but for me, my art is 100% connected to my faith.  This doesn’t mean that I’m painting crosses or scenes from the Bible, but when I paint a beautiful landscape or create a mysterious collage that shares truth or beauty… it’s just as important.  After all, God is the genius behind his masterpiece called nature and as an artist, he delights in us taking pleasure in his work.

As we wrap up week 3 of Project: Ten for Creativity, I considered doing something festive and silly, being that it is Friday, but I have been lost in thought most of the day, dwelling on questions of life, art, faith, and the whole purpose of it all.

I feel like this project is just starting to take shape, which is totally natural, because it takes time to nurture and discipline our creative self.  You may think that discipline and creativity are not related, but I have found that I can not successfully have one without the other.

For Day.15 of this project, I’d like you to take some time to dwell on these questions or maybe ask new ones.   Feel free to journal or blog or just ponder some of these important questions that will help us understand more of who we are and how art/creativity is a part of us.

Please know that when I use the word art, I am not simply referring to the kind that uses canvas and paints, art is so many things:  Sewing, making jewelry, knitting, crocheting, drawing, sculpting, designing, writing, scrapbooking, quilting, gardening, baking, and on, and on… So apply whatever type of art you do and start asking these questions.

  • Who do I believe myself to be?
  • Do I honestly believe I am creative?
  • Did I once believe I was creative, but no longer do?
  • Do I believe that art is a waste of time or a vital part of life?
  • How will pursuing my own creativity help me? others?
  • How can I use my talents to help others?
  • What do I think about the connection between art & faith?
  • Do I think God is creative?
  • What is the role of art in my overall purpose in life?

I hope that you find answers that might shock and amaze you, that compel you forward on your own creative journey.

I’m elated to be taking this journey with you and to see incredible people continue to turn their lives into beautiful, meaningful stories.

Thanks for visiting The Saturated Palette.  Have a lovely Weekend!

-Liv

If you missed any days this week, find them here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.