Thursday, April 14, 2011

the restless are native

It’s been just over a year since we moved away from the first place we called home together.  Some days,  I miss it like crazy.  Others, I am glad to be in a city that is big enough for us to breathe.  Most days, I’m still wondering just why we are here. For how long? For what? And what is next? Truth be told, we feel less connected than we’ve ever felt anywhere.  We always thought this place would be a transition for us, but the transition generally suggests something new is coming and to be honest, we’ll valued citizens of Restlessville.   And the restless are native.

I love change. I crave the unknown, except on the days when knowing sounds cooler. 

I was just reading through something I wrote last year, right before our move and the sentiments from then feel even more true today.  Which is good, but also annoying.  Annoying, because when we said, “God, we trust your timing and your plan,“ He took us seriously and doesn’t feel the need to fill us in on those details. Ever.

.Anyways, I’m not looking for answers, because you surely don’t have them, but I found this and I know I need to remember it, especially on days like this.

We don’t have all the answers, but we do have dreams and we do believe that God has something greater for us… and that is all we need. – Me

 

So, there’s that. Thanks me.

---

The other day I saw the most beautiful painting with a quote that read,

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”

I love this quote, but I also hate it, because I don’t think I’m very good at doing that.

 

Queen of Restlessville signing off…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.