Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dear Daughter: Tiffany writes

As we countdown the days until meeting our baby girl, I asked some friends to write their thoughts on having a daughter.   It means so much that they would take time to share their stories and I get more excited with each letter.  I hope you enjoy them too.

---

Tiffany writes:

I always, always knew I wanted to be a mommy of little girls. With my first pregnancy, I wanted a girl so badly that I had completely convinced myself that I was having a boy. Surely I just wouldn't be lucky enough to be granted this desire of my heart. However, God promises to give us the desires of our hearts, and I truly believe He placed that desire there, because He knows me better than anyone! He knew the trials I would face, and He knew that my sweet girls would be a constant reminder to me of just what an awesome God we serve.


Emma and Addison have such different (BIG) personalities. Emma is a true Mama's girl, glued to my hip whenever possible. She's brilliant, clever, funny, creative, sarcastic, challenging and curious. At almost 3 years old, her questions have changed from "what color is that tree?" and "can I have milk to drink?" to "why is that tree green?" and "can I have coffee to drink?" She keeps me in check, picking up on my attitude and copying EVERYTHING she sees me do. She's a mama to her her dolls, her younger sister, her cousin, and pretty much any child she meets.


Addi never EVER meets a stranger and runs to explore and learn everything she can about the world around her. She lives for the spotlight and craves attention. She dances as though she may never get another chance. She gives the best bear hugs and loves to snuggle. At 18 months old, she's like a sponge and is becoming a little mockingbird, imitating all she sees her big sister do. And just over the past few weeks has become obsessed with the potty (yay?!).


Being a mom to girls is an adventure. It's fun, challenging and also a bit scary. I see so much of myself in each of them (and not just because they look so much like me at their respective ages). I feel so protective of their little hearts and pray for them everyday that they will grow to fall in love with the lover of their souls.

Emma Shay and Addison Michaela, you are the most precious, crazy little woozles, and I just wouldn't have been complete without the privilege of being your Mama. I love you both with all my heart.

---

Thanks Tiffany, your descriptions of both girls are just overflowing with pride and love.  Lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.