Thursday, July 16, 2009

i am an artist.

Good morning. Yes, I do mean morning. It's nearing 8 am and I've joined the ranks of those who exist in the mornings. I'm only awake for two reasons.

1. Since the Hudson baby found his way into our bed last night around 4am, he proceeded to wake me three hours later, but pouncing onto my face and giggling {by the way, he's officially a crawler now}. Good thing I love him, I'm not sure I'd appreciate anyone else pouncing on my face at that hour.

2. After pretending that event hadn't happened and thinking he may fall back asleep, if I fed him, he proceeded to spit up on me and all over the sheets, awesome.

Surprisingly, I am not irritated by this turn of events and have decided to start the day in hopes of making it worthwhile. It could have to do with the fact that I have something brilliant that I wanted to share with the Saturated Palette readers.

Yesterday, while relishing a few hours alone at my local B & N, I enjoyed a refreshing Venti Iced Passion Tea, my favorite summer drink. I take it unsweetened, not for any sugar-opposing reason, but because I love how tart it is. I'm a big fan of the punch each sip delivers. Sometimes, I add lemonade which makes it even better and more tart, of course.

Meanwhile.... I did my weekly reading of The Artist's Way, I'm currently on chapter 11. I'd like it to be known that this chapter is perhaps one of my favorites. I love everything about it. In fact, the chapter is what I really wanted to share this morning.

Chapter 11 is Recovering a Sense of Autonomy.

Autonomy is one of those words that I always acted like I knew and understood, but never really did. Hoping that won't happen again, I looked up the definition.

Main Entry: au·ton·o·my
Pronunciation:
-mE
Function:
noun
Inflected Form:
plural -mies
1 : the quality or state of being independent, free, and self-directing
2 : independence from the organism as a whole in the capacity of a part for growth, reactivity, or responsiveness

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.