Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I must admit...


You might not know this about me, but I adore bluegrass music. It ranks near the top of my list for most beautiful sounds ever. Evidently, there is a huge bluegrass festival around here every July. It was last weekend. There was plenty of old time dancing, that was something new for me, being a Yankee and all. All I can say is those people really got into that clogging or whatever it was called.

Everywhere you looked, you could find a few people sitting around strumming some sort of tune, whether it's peppy, sad, happy, or silly... the sounds of bluegrass are real, authentic, and full of stories. I pretty much would be OK if my life consisted of sitting on the front porch on a cool summer's night, drinking sweet tea (or coffee) listening to some tell a story on their banjo.

There was also the element of people watching and any sort of festival always brings out the best of them... so, fun was had by all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.