Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10forcreativity day.3

How was yesterday?  Did you do it?  Did you enjoy it?  Was it overwhelming or fun?  As you continue to do more creative exercises, no matter how big or small, they will begin to feel more natural and fun.

Ready for day 3?

project create copy

Day Three: Inspiration hunt.

“Self-knowledge is the discovery of the new, it looks beyond the world that has all the answers and no solutions.” – Barry Long

Today, we gather and collect things that inspire us and make us happy.  So, collect THREE things, take a picture (if you want) or put them in a small bag, labeled day 3.  

Here are some possibilities:

  • A flower
  • A piece of paper
  • A word
  • A quote
  • A scrap of fabric
  • A photo
  • A button
  • A ribbon
  • A string
  • A blade of grass
  • A scent
  • An herb
  • A pencil
  • A postcard
  • A coffee mug
  • Anything that you could possibly imagine.

Now, make a list of the three items, leaving space under each item. 

In one word or a sentence, write how that item makes you feel, why it inspires you, or why it stands out to you.

Underline the words that seem to jump off the page and stand out to you.

What are those words?  Are they big sources of inspiration to you?  (Probably).  Pay attention to those words and try to incorporate them into your life.

Leave me a comment with those words, I’d love to hear them.  Send me the link to your blog, if you do the exercise and blog it.  I love hearing from you. 

Taking more than 10 Suggestions:

Take the words that you underlined and write them on a post-it or a fun piece of paper.  Post them on your fridge or bulletin board.  Start making those words a part of your daily routine.

 

P.S.  From now on, I will share my exercises on the following day’s post.

-olivia

2 comments:

  1. this was fun and I actually took 3 pictures today before I read your blog.

    Here are my words:

    Needed
    Close to God
    Refreshed

    The pictures I took:

    my clothes that I wear to make barbed wire crosses,
    flowers,
    my pool

    Thanks for the fun Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to work on Day 3 but here is the link to my blog dedicated to Day 2.

    http://mysavior-myheartandwelcometoit.blogspot.com/2010/04/olivias-creativity-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.