Monday, April 26, 2010

ten for creativity day.6

Good morning lovely readers and friends! 

How was your weekend? We had the best time up north celebrating my cousin’s birthday.  Our weekend was full of bonfires, cookouts, chocolate covered strawberries, long chats around the kitchen table, a bathtub from my dreams,  a giant Sunday morning brunch, and a lovely walk down to the river.  We visited a farm, full of {amazing} peacocks, swans, {scary} cows, {beautiful} horses, and {sweet} baby kittens.  It was so refreshing and delightful…  I’m full of inspiration, as in I literally can’t wait until it’s nap time, so I can paint.

This little trip was just the inspiration I needed, I could hardly fall asleep last night.  I wanted to stay up and paint, but I guess we fired the morning nanny, so she wouldn’t be coming in today. 

:::

project create copy

Day 6: go.do something.

As we start week 2 of Project: Ten for Creativity, I’m insanely excited.  To be honest, last week, I was less than inspired in the worst way.  A new stream of creativity was coming, but until it did, I was stuck.  I hate being stuck, as an artist, it’s the hardest place to be.  I’m certain that a weekend away from my computer and routine was just what I needed.

Today’s exercise is simple. 

Go. Do something creative.

It’s up to you, take ten minutes or three hours.  Today we simply play in the land of creativity.  You may already have ideas brewing, but if not, here are some suggestions:

  • Take your camera on a walk, take pictures of whatever catches your eye.  Notice the things you normally miss.
  • Open your sketch book and draw.
  • Finger paint.
  • Change the pictures that are hanging on the wall.
  • Try a brand new recipe.
  • Write a poem.
  • Read a short story.
  • Cut up an old shirt and turn it into something new.
  • Scrapbook.
  • Paint.
  • Knit/Crochet.
  • Make a necklace.
  • Collect fabric for a blanket or quilt.
  • Sew.
  • Garden.
  • Turn on some music and just feel it.
  • Write a note to a friend and send it via snail mail.
  • Make a card.
  • Make a hat.
  • Do origami.
  • Anything you want to do.

Have the most fun ever.

“Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.”

-Ray Bradbury

 

-olivia

2 comments:

  1. how many bonus points do I get if I do ALL those things on the list TODAY? cuz this whole thing is about getting the most points right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So without having read this, I did something awesomely creative, which makes me feel not so bad about missing a day. Have you ever melted crayons? SO much fun! And I got to play with fire, so worth it.:)

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.