Monday, April 12, 2010

today

This morning was different from others of the past year, because this morning, my husband got up early and started a temp job.   It’s only a temp job, but friends, it’s a job, something that has been really hard to acquire since February 2009.   I’m sure it’s a nice feeling for him to be here only two weeks and this position becomes available.
So while it’s amazing that this day has come, it’s strange too because, well we are all used to being together all the time. .  I cannot deny that my life has been easier during the months that he was home.  I’m not quite sure how I’ll ever manage my daily responsibilities without him here to help with the little boy and the million other things that he did.  Even more, I don’t know what H will do, he woke up this morning and immediately starting looking for him, “dad?  dad?”  He heard the sound of my brother’s keys as he was leaving for work and ran to the bottom of the stairs, thinking daddy was home, “dad?”  When Matt called during a break, H's face filled with the biggest smile, “hi dad!”  This baby loves his daddy.  Since he was four and a half months old, he’s been home with home nearly everyday.  They are buddies.  They played, ate crackers, and watched morning cartoons.  I slept in till maybe 9, woke up to coffee, and sometimes breakfast.  I really got spoiled.  My husband is the best.
Now it’s mommy and H during the day and we’ll have a good time, but we miss daddy already, we love having him around.  But, we’re also so thankful that he is willing to work hard to provide for us too, so we have no complaints.
Only much for which to be thankful.

4 comments:

  1. That is great news about the job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So heartwarming to read this.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling1 My husband went back to work after a two week break, and I miss him dreadfully! But how good that there IS work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pour Hudson. I never thought about what a shock it would be for him to have his dad gone all day. I bet he was so happy when he got home.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.