Thursday, November 11, 2010

All I really want… a little wish list.

For the past three years, I have been using these incredibly cheap pots and pans that came in one of those  apartment starter kits, because, that is what we could afford.  These pieces have served us well decently, but the non-stick is becoming just stick and I’m growing tired of trying to make a large batch of soup in a pot three times too small for such things. Forget trying to make pasta, sauce, and a vegetable.  I can’t even make all three at the same time. 

Since I’ve become all grown up with a family and I make almost all of our meals at home, my big Christmas wish is to upgrade my kitchen.

Yellow Nonstick Cookware Set

I would be giddy over this yellow cookware set.

Multi-Purpose Stockpot

I can’t imagine how wonderful it would be to make a pot of soup  or pasta large enough for company with this… oh and did I mention, I do not currently own a colander.  This makes draining pasta and other items very, very tricky. Very tricky.

Zester Grater

This handheld grater would be so dreamy for grating all those lemons, oranges, nutmeg, and more.  (Which I actually do all the time.)

Cheese Grater

And this box grater would make grating cheese  and veggies so much easier than tying to hold my broken handheld one.  And everyone knows that that freshly grated cheese tastes SO much better than pre-shredded, right?  If not, you’ll learn.

I also wouldn’t mind having a blender, food processor, or a waffle iron… but I don’t want to sound greedy.

So, there it is, my Christmas wish list.  Do you think Santa reads blogs?

What would you like to add to your kitchen?

{Liv

4 comments:

  1. Dear Santa,
    Because you are one holly, jolly guy, I know you will be fulfilling each of my friend Liv's requests to make her Christmas morning as magical, and her kitchen as convenient, as can be. On your way back to the North Pole, could you drop by my kitchen? It is in desperate need of all the things on Liv's list, with one small addition- a Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer with all the bells and whistles, in Buttercup or Cornflower, your choice. Please and thank you and Merry Christmas!
    Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I have been just WAITING for Rachael Ray to come out with a yellow cookware set- she has orange and green and blue, why not yellow! How exciting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want one of those zesters too! And while I do own a colander, I would absolutely love that gigantic one you've got pictured...very nice. Hope Santa is listening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like Santa to bring me one of those fancy faucets that have water that comes out when you turn them. Until then, I'm hoping he brings me an immersible blender and a food processor.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.