Tuesday, November 16, 2010

an over indulgent post about coffee

A few weeks ago, we visited my husband’s family in Kansas.  One afternoon, our cousin Melissa, made a very true observation.

“All your favorite things have to do with coffee.”

Well, yes.  What a smart lady.

So, it is no wonder that coffee is also one of my favorite parts of kicking off the holiday season.Christmas Blend 09

Some people jump in the day after Halloween.  Some wait for the first snowfall. For others it’s the debut of the Starbuck’s red cups.

And for this girl, nothing sends my heart into the frenzy of warmth and joy of the holiday season like my very first cup of Christmas blend coffee.

                                                                                 picture from 2009.

{I try to use the word frenzy whenever possible.}

I don’t think you understand, I look forward to this day every year, almost as much as I anticipate my birthday or Christmas.  It’s my absolute favorite coffee blend in the universe, with toasted coconut being my second.  (any coconut coffee fans?)

Friends, Romans, Countrymen… that day is here.

The world is brighter.  The morning seemed more bearable.  The falling snow looks prettier… and my cold toes feel a bit warmer.

I told you I liked coffee.

Happy my first

cup of Christmas Blend  2010 day to all. 

Let the holiday jubilation begin.

What about you lovelies, what launches you into the holiday spirit like nothing else?

{Liv

3 comments:

  1. Is there really such a thing as an over indulgent post about coffee? I think not. :) I was so happy to see the return of Fireside Coffee at World Market - that is one of my all-time favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST try this! A friend gave me an adorable Starbucks Christmas mug a couple years back and it makes so happy to kickstart my holiday with that & delicious coffee. Now I know what I HAVE to put in this mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I loved reading your post today, I'm smiling and thinking of that coffee in your hands...wanting a cup now!

    I actually kicked off my season with a Peppermint Mocha Latte...my ultimate favorite Starbucks drink. If I had extra money, I'd treat myself once a week...as it stands, I might get two this whole holiday season!

    As to coconut...I've not had any actual coffee, but CoffeeMate Coconut is my second favorite creamer...the first being Peppermint Mocha. =)

    Enjoy your coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.