Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Creativity is doing.

I have this friend.  I’ve seen her grow and become this amazing individual in the past few years, who is creating a wonderful, healthy, and meaningful life for her family.  It’s beautiful to watch this unfold and I’m honored to call her a friend.

The other day she wrote a short and simple blog post, that has stayed with me since reading…  I don’t think she’ll mind if I share.

Every time I find myself losing time browsing the endless number of crafty blogs out there I wind up coming back to this one thought:


Creativity is not discovered in reading about someone else’s creativity.

It is found by DOING.
So I’m going to go do.

I love this, because it’s so true.  I’ve been thinking more about why I share my projects and ideas on this blog and it is not to say, “Hey, look at me, look at me!”  There are plenty of talented folks out there.   I do so because I want you to believe that you are creative and that you are capable.  I want to inspire you to pursue your wildest whimsies and deepest dreams.  And I don’t really want it to have anything to do with me, because it’s not about me.  It’s about living and dreaming and doing and trying and discovering who you are and what you love.  It’s about realizing that you have something great within you to offer the world and it’s just waiting to be released.  Perhaps, it’s been quieted by responsibilities or criticism from others, but it’s still there…  Can you feel it?  Do you believe it?

It might be a miniscule flicker at the end of a long, dark tunnel or it could be roaring within you like a great howling wind. 

Whatever it is, I hope you find it.  I hope you cherish and nurture it.  And most of all… do something with it.  Something great.

Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium

I love that you read my blog, I really, really do, but I hope that you go beyond just reading about creativity and immerse yourself in creating, because there is nothing that inspires me more than seeing someone begin to believe in their own creative potential. 

I can’t wait to see what you’re going to do.

{Liv

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.