Wednesday, October 27, 2010

little thoughts

The other day my husband returned home from the grocery with a few needed items and a jar of honey.  He said that he bought it because it would be getting colder outside and he knew I would want to drink more tea and thus, I would need honey.  He’s that kind of thoughtful.

---

It’s been three weeks since we upgraded the little boy from his crib to toddler bed and he still doesn’t realize he can get out and play.   Every morning, I enter his room to find him sitting on his bed, talking to his bear, waiting for mommy.  It’s cute and we hope it lasts.

---

It’s cold and rainy, the weather calls for a frozen mix, which does not sound delightful, but I suppose this weather had to come sometime.  I wonder how long it will take before I’m screaming from the rooftops, “Why the ____ did we move here?”

---

It’s a French film, hot tea, knitting kind of afternoon.

---

The winds and rain have stripped every last leaf from the grand trees outside, leaving the bare, spiny branches to fill the expanse of our windows, it’s really pretty in a Tim Burton sort of way.

---

In my opinion, it’s a little early for the Christmas music, I like to hold out for the days around Thanksgiving, but today feels like this song to me.   It just happens to be my favorite song/version of the whole holiday season.  So, here’s a little treat for you.

Chris Martin sings Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

 

No matter what today looks like to you, I hope you’re warm and cozy, inside and out.

{Liv

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.