Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday’s Someone: Mandy of Messy Canvas

I’m back with another edition of Thursday’s Someone, and today I’m really excited to introduce you to Mandy of Messy Canvas.  She is one of those super inspiring people who is trying to live a beautiful, meaningful, and creative life.  She  writes on faith, motherhood, creativity, and life.  I love her honesty and her desire to learn and grow.  I definitely wish we lived closer, because, I think  we could be friends.  Mandy recently finished writing an E-book that is available for free, I’m just a few pages into it, but so far, it’s really great! Enjoy this interview with Mandy and be sure to check out her blog and digital bookstore.

1.  Tell us who you are and a little about yourself.

My name is Mandy Steward. I am 32 years old. I'm an artist that has fallen in love with words as my main medium. I'm a mom of four kids, who range in age from 7 to 2. My husband, Tony and I have been married for 10 years.

2. Tell us what a picture perfect day in your life would be?

I believe everyday has a little bit of imperfection thrown into the mix. I can't seem to get away from it. That being said, I would enjoy a day at the beach with books, a quilt, a picnic lunch and no agenda.     {Sounds perfect to me!}

3. Name five things (not people) you’d never want to live without?

Pen & notebook (can that count as one?), camera, iPhone, library card and yoga mat.   { 6 things… the creative types- always breaking rules.}

4. Name one place you have never been but dream of visiting?

Japan.

4.5 What is your favorite word?

Timshel (from the book East of Eden) and Namaste

5.  Because we’re all human, what is the biggest challenge to your creativity/inspiration/success?

Not comparing myself to others.

6. What project are you most excited about currently?

My FREE Messy Canvas e-Book which you can find here.   Also, I’m excited about getting my first opportunity to speak to some other artists.

7. If you were to plan any event, what would be it and what would your theme and color scheme be?

An outdoor party with pretty white lights hanging above. Black and white color scheme. Come dressed as your favorite book character.

8. What would you tell someone who wants to be more active in their creativity/interests?

Find what you can cut out of your life that is not needed, so that you can make more time to do the things you love. There is ALWAYS something you can cut out to allow a shift in your priorities.

10.  Who is one artist/designer/crafter/inspiring person that you would want readers to know about, also?

I would say my two mentors in creativity right now are Carlos Whittaker and StarGardener

 

Thanks so much to Mandy for taking the time to answer these questions.  Don’t forget to check out her blog, you won’t be sorry.

Liv.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the thing: I love your comments.
So thank you.

Have a lovely day.
Drink some coffee.